[Mplayer-users] Re: Outstanding work!!!

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Sat Apr 21 19:40:16 CEST 2001

        Currently I only know of the opensource emu10k1 SBLive! driver to
implement working AC3 through SPDIF output, it's quite simple to make it,
just a simple process to 'pad' the AC3 stream and direct writing to the
/dev/dsp (after the corresponding ioctl()).

        Another thing I would really like to see in mplayer is a .ifo
parser, so you can really watch a DVD, I don't need menus, but letting
you choose the right chapter and episode would be fantastic. For example
something 'ala' xmovie that let you play a .ifo and it start playing
the film, and switch from one .vob to the next automatically.

        I cannot send the unencrypted DVD to the person working on it, but I
can test anything he want. Currently the efect that you get when trying to
watch an unencrypted DVD is the same as if you where trying to use the -dvd
on a CD, I suppose that the calls to authentificate the DVD fail, I could
report detailed strace/ltrace/gdb info on it.

        Regards,

        - german