[Mplayer-users] mga vo

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 22 03:19:51 CEST 2001

Hi,

> just grabbed mplayer, i love it.  easily the best video plyer under
> linux.
>
> i have a problem with -vo mga or xmga, however.  i have an 8 meg g200.
> when i play video using the mga driver the right side of the picture is
> distorted by many horizontal lines.  is this a common problem?  why
> might this be?  i have also had a similar problem using the Xv driver.
It should be a hardware probel for you :(
Try to decrease AGP speed, maybe it helps... I've never seen such thing,
only heard some green buggy pic, it's because wrong detection of ramsize.
But if Xv does the same, then it must be hardware.

> also, could someone explain (or tell me where to learn about) DGA?  i'm
> running XF86 4.0.3 but i can't find anything to do with a DGA extension
> on my system.  i have no clue what it is or how to enable it.
-vo dga

> right now, i get the best overall experience using -vo x11
x11 is the worst :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu