[Mplayer-users] screenshots for strange video performace

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 22 22:44:20 CEST 2001

On Sonntag, 22. April 2001 20:06 you wrote:
> Hey Felix,
>
> I have been using xv as the video out, though using all of the availble
> ones, using them in the command line produces the same results. When i play
> the avis without video the sound is great. But when video runs the sound is
> affected.

I thought video was the problem, if audio skips this usually means that video
decoding take too much cpu time, so avoid to use the -pp switch (or use -pp
0) and try playing a low resolution divx or mpeg and check if sound is
correct then. Even on my PC sound skips sometimes if I use svga out and -pp 4
(930MHz PIII), lowering pp to 2 solves it. Using xv I can play with -pp 4 but
I have much cpu power.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix