[Mplayer-users] CVS code and adding new features

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Sun Apr 22 23:02:38 CEST 2001

        Hello,

        I've started working on .ifo parsing and chapter/title selection for
DVDs just using the code of the xine dvd_input plugin, and I've found some
difficulties mainly because IMHO, the current CVS code is not very uniform,
I mean, indentation seems to be random and different from one file to the
other, and variable names doesn't follow any pattern (at least I was not
able to discover it :-).

        I know that the important thing is that it works! but well, if
anybody outside the core-team want to help, it's quite difficult to read
through the code. Of couse I can apply indent -kr to my own CVS tree,
but then patches would be bigger than the whole distribution.

        Regards, and keep the hard work (but a bit tidier if possible ;-)

        - german