[Mplayer-users] Mplayer still does not work on the 1Ghz Athlon.

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 24 15:51:01 CEST 2001

On Dienstag, 24. April 2001 01:19 you wrote:
> Since no one has replied to my previous posting, I'm posting it again.
> Even a response of "I have no idea where it is breaking" is good, because
> then I know I'm not playing with some known issue and can debug myself.
>
>  Hi,
>
> > please try what i asked you for.
> > A. change HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT to @undef in config.h, and recompile.
> > B. start mlpayer wiht option -noalsa (it disables system timer code, and
> > uses soundcard's timer)
> > One of A or B should work for you.
>
> Nope.  In both situations, the first frame is rendered into the window, but
> then the program goes off into an infinite loop again.  It's a bit better,
> since we're getting a whole single frame decoded and blitted to the screen,
> but I would certainly like to see it do this again and again for me :)
>
> -nosound works as before, allowing the video to render.  There is something
> broken in the sound code.  Any hints or pointers what it could be?
>
> And am I right to assume that the emu10k1 driver has broken select code?
> (Since undefining HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT allows it to render that first frame,
> which it did not do before.)  Or is the sound code in mplayer still the
> thing which is primarily responsible for the problems?

Hmm I used emu10k1 sound driver from opensource creative with older versions
of mplayer without problems, I recently changed drivers so I can't tell you
how it is now (new drivers are named snd-emu10k1 instead of emu10k1 and
kmixer shows it as TriTech(3).) Btw. it's both oss drivers and I use select
code (no undef).

--
Best Regards,
   Felix