[Mplayer-users] Audio & video resync

mgraffam at idsi.net mgraffam at idsi.net
Tue Apr 24 17:20:15 CEST 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> You suggestions have no effect on my files. Problem is not solved. Playing with key -bps even worst than
> without. I have found that audio & video streams are resync after overloading of CPU. If key -bps is not used
> there is possibility to sync streams again, but with -bps streams never sync.
> Exampe: I watch the film 'Species' with russian translation. This film have size of picture 600x400. (4:3 format)
> In the places where story is very dynamic my cpu is overloaded and after it sound outdistance from video on
> 3-5 sec. After pressing left and right arrow keys (sometime 'P' - pause key) streams are sync again. But if I use
> -bps it's not possible and streams never sync again until of end of film.

Sounds to me like your machine just doesn't have enough power to
decode your AVIs.

Get the x2divx package. In it are avi2divx and mpeg2divx. You can use
avi2divx to re-encode your divx file to a lower resolution. Drop it down
from 640x400 to 320x200, and encode 2000 frames or so. Test the output.
My guess is that it will play fine.

If it does, your solution is to get a new machine, not just a new
video card.

--
Michael Graffam (mgraffam at idsi.net)
The importance of a suburban struggle has usually been underestimated;