[Mplayer-users] Audio sync in differing framerates

Jacob Ilsø Christensen firelake at mail1.stofanet.dk
Thu Apr 26 16:02:15 CEST 2001

Hi.

I got an mpg movie, in which the sound tends to break up in parts when
getting about 10 secs in the movie.
I tried it in MpegTV and it played fine, but I noticed, that the framerate
dropped from 30 to 25 while playing it (not that it was that noticable).
In MpegTV the audio still synced with the video regardless of the frame
rate drop.
So I decided to try "mplayer -fps 25". Now the sound and video played fine
but the audio did not sync with the video as it did in MpegTV. and
suggestions as to how to fix this?

Best regards,
Jacob Ilsø.