[Mplayer-users] IFO Parsing and raw DVD support

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Fri Apr 27 01:33:15 CEST 2001

        Hello,

        Finally, I got some time to work on the ifo parsing and raw DVD
support, I've just finished including it into mplayer, it was done in
about half an hour using the xine_dvd_plugin. It's working quite well,
although it's really dirty. In fact with this patch mplayer is by far
the easier and more versatile DVD player out there. I haven't made a
patch because I'm checking for some race conditions with buffers. It
completely replace dvdauth.*.

        I would like to know the best way to post it, the patch would be
quite big and I prefer to send it to one of the developers that posting it
to the list, anybody in the development team want to check it?

        I'll start working in AC3/SPDIF output using SBLive! tomorrow as it
is 01:30 AM and I doesn't like caffeine :-).

        regards,

        - german

German Gomez Garcia         | "This isn't right.  This isn't even wrong."
<german at piraos.com>         |                         -- Wolfgang Pauli