[Mplayer-users] General discussion on building a "media" (DVR) machine

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Apr 29 14:28:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

I want to build a Linux based machine to use as a video recorder, DVD
player, VCD/SVCD writer, music jukebox, player of internet video
and audio content, multicast server etc etc.  To go
in the living room with display to the TV.

I would use a DVB card and VDR software, unfortunately for an english
speaking European there are few free-to-air channels available.

I can't be the only person interested in experimenting like this.  Can
anyone tell me where I can find "like minded" people (as they say)?

Thanks,
Steve Davies