[Mplayer-users] mplayer latest not working

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Wed Aug 1 01:27:07 CEST 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > -----------------
> > MPlayer 0.17cvs-010730-03:00(C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy (see
> > DOCS/AUTHORS)
> >
> > Option -alsa has been removed, new audio code doesn't need it!
> remove alsa=1 from your config file (~/.mplayer/config or /etc/mplayer.conf ?)

 I had forgot that I had a /etc/mplayer.conf, but rm worked great :)

I had in ~/.mplayer/config:
ao=oss
shouldn't that take presendence over the global /etc/mplayer.conf?
 It would be nice in an error like that if mplayer would output who gave
it the wrong option (for example: "wrong option -alsa in /etc/mplayer.conf")