[Mplayer-users] Problems on an Athlon

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 5 20:13:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Hang on a minute, I'll just put my flame proof suit on
>
> I've been trying to get mplayer to run till the end of a movie on my system.
>  It will run for about 10 - 20 minutes...seems to depend a bit on what
what does 'hang' mean? Simply stop, or crash with any messages or what?

> desktop I am using.  Seems to perfer gnome.  It usually crashes after taking
> out in other applications that may be running at the same time.  I have even
> had it screw the bios on the machine.  At least I am pretty sure it did.  It
> can crash X as well but usually its just happy to crash the console it is run
> from.
Very strange. Maybe video driver bug.

> I've built it using gcc.2.95, 2.96, 3.0, 3.01(cvs) all with the same effect.
> I've built all the other complilers apart from 2.96 using egcs.
>
> System
> K7 1200C
> KT133a MB
> 512MB RAM
> Gforce2 ultra with nv driver not Nvidia
I've never heard results from this driver, none of good or bad.

> Xfree4.1.0
> Samsung DVD
> IBM45MB HDD
> 3com905 network
audio card, and driver used for it? mplayer options, especially -ao and -vo
? mplayer version? did you ever read DOCS/BUGREPORTS? It's time to do it.

> Any ideas?
Not yet.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu