[Mplayer-users] Patch to 20010801 snapshot

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 6 02:24:19 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I don't see any changes according to my previous post so I'am posting
> another patch files:
>
> utf8quiet.diff	- implements -utf8 and -quiet options and optimizes OSD
-quiet part applied.

please re-make utf8 stuff as you did it first time.
i don't accept the method of converting subtitle to ucs2 at load-time.
i prefer a general, inline function (or function pointer?) to get next
char from the subtitle. yes, not so fast, but resulting cleaner, readable
code and that few extra clocks doesn't matter for subtitle reading...
(at least the subtitle renderer eats 1000 times more cpu...)

> font_load.c	- implements reading of font from LIBDIR/font
> 		  if ~/.mplayer/font doesn't exist
applied.

> x11_common.c	- implements better local display connection
applied.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu