[Mplayer-users] new AVI A-V sync code

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 7 08:18:27 CEST 2001

Hi,

I did some modifications on interleaved AVI pts calculation code,
so A-V sync should be better than before, at least not worse :)
It's only for interleaved files, playing _without_ the -bps option.

If you find problems with it, please report to me, and possibly
upload first 5-10 megs of the movie.
Before doing that, please check:
- it worked before, i mean with yesterday version.
  (do NOT compare to 0.17a and stuff, maybe to 0.18pre5)

Future:

Seeking isn't fixed yet, but i'll do in the next days.
(whole AVI seeking code needs to be rewritten, too big hack now)

I'll add -bps mode autoselect, based on IS_INTERLEAVED flag in the
header. If you have files with VBR mp3, please check flags.
(it's printed by today version by default, or with -v in old versions)
If this flag is NOT set, contact me, and upload first 5-10 megz...

I've talked a lot with VirtualDub author about VBR audio syncing,
seeking, but we don't agree. He said that interleaving shouldn't be
used for sync, only -bps method. But -bps will NEVER work for VBR
files, as it means constant bitrate...
Do someone know NanDub's author contact?

I have to do more testing, and feedback from users.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu