[Mplayer-users] Re: Fwd: prob/feature req (fwd)

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Tue Aug 7 09:39:41 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 07:27:51AM +0000, Tapani Liukkonen wrote:

> I havent ever played any asx's but i found one and asked about it from
> friend who wasnt sure but thinked at it is streaming asf...

The asx files I've seen are playlists for asf files. I'd assume the
stream source can be remote, but I have only seen asx files for playing
local files. The format is a little like HTML. I suppose anyone can do
a little grep magic and "support" asx, or maybe it could be added to
TOOLS/mp.pl, but actual support in MPlayer needs the ability to play
more than one file. Which will be RSN I'm sure...