[Mplayer-users] Reactions to keystrokes when framedropping

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 18:08:47 CEST 2001

Hi,

when mplayer runs framedropping it does not accept keystrokes in the output
window during drops. You have to switch to the console to control it.
That's not good, e.g. when I play a movie (fullscreen, of course) which is
too slow for my machine, then it drops all frames and I have to use Alt-TAB
to get my console back, to press 'q'. Otherwise I'm stuck with a black
screen. :-(

Now, not every window manager supports Alt-TAB...

gruel

Christoph Lampert, gruel at gmx.de

"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches. That's the way that the license works." - Steve Balmer

"Epsilon < 0" - chl