[Mplayer-users] Reactions to keystrokes when framedropping

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 10 04:33:08 CEST 2001

On Thursday,  9. August 2001 22:20, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > when mplayer runs framedropping it does not accept keystrokes in the
> > > output window during drops. You have to switch to the console to
> > > control it. That's not good, e.g. when I play a movie (fullscreen, of
> > > course) which is too slow for my machine, then it drops all frames and
> > > I have to use Alt-TAB to get my console back, to press 'q'. Otherwise
> > > I'm stuck with a black screen. :-(
> >
> > I got something similar. I had a broken avi that caused
> > dshow to stop... mplayer didn't accept any keystrokes anymore.
> > All other codecs worked fine though.
> >
> > But i couldnt reproduce the bug some days later, so I didnt
> > report it.
>
> I know, but i can't fix. This is the bad side of the single-process
> player. Btw you still can play ctrl+c (it sends a signal) or if you
> have X in fullscreen, then press alt+f4 (or the window-closing hotkey or
> your wm).
but we could fix it in libvo2, imho it's because when no frmaes are displayed
flip_page isn't caled, which calls check_events, so if we add a parm to
flip_page equivalent in libvo2 which signals wether to display image or not
this would be no problem.
Or even better(?) create an extra standard function check events which is
periodically called.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix

____
Ever tried? Ever failed? - Try again! Fail better!