[Mplayer-users] Subfont renderer is ready!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 14 14:54:15 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > This is not the font problem. That's because mplayer doesn't respect `charspace' for OSD
> > > symbols.
> > It is not true. At least there is no code to infect charspace depending on
> > char code.
> I checked it once again, and:
> With mp_font1.zip font character 0x11 (|) is displayed every twelfth pixel and is 12
> pixels wide in font.desc so charspace=-2 is surely ignored. Where am I wrong?
I was wrong, sorry. Mplayer sub.c is really buggy, at least badly implemented:

        c=OSD_PB_1;
        if ((font=vo_font->font[c])>=0)
           for (i=elems-mark;i--;){
               draw_alpha(x,y,
                          vo_font->width[c],
                          vo_font->pic_a[font]->h,
                          vo_font->pic_b[font]->bmp+vo_font->start[c],
                          vo_font->pic_a[font]->bmp+vo_font->start[c],
                          vo_font->pic_a[font]->w);
               x+=vo_font->width[c];
           }

it should be x+=vo_font->width[c]+vo_font->charspace;

> > can you implement it in subfont?
> Soon.
Great!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team