[Mplayer-users] Clipping

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Sun Aug 19 18:10:52 CEST 2001

>> So aspect ratio is not correct anymore?
>
>Well, my eyes aren't that sensitive so I'm fine:-) You want the black edges
>to go away but you don't want the movie stretched?

Yes. And that's not magic, but very easy. Just stretch vertically as large
as possible (always keeping aspect ratio). Then the picture is too wide. So
center horizontally and simply ignore the data outside of the visible area.
Normal widescreen movies are filmed such that action is in the middle, and few
interesting things happen at the left and right borders...

Btw. for me it's the other way: With the widescreen monitor, I want the
picture streched horizontally as far as possible, then its height can be too
much for the screen. So I'd like it to clip rows on top and bottom.

Since both is possible, I'd like it to be switchable: A parameter for vertical
clipping, a parameter for horizontal clipping (with respect to center).
Or a geometry switch without scaling: width*height and (left-upper-corner or
center) )

Honestly, I don't think this is a big deal, but I don't know anything about
libvo/libvo2. :-(

Who does?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se