[Mplayer-users] Clipping again,

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 21 17:22:50 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > ugly hack, with many globals and hacks. we have a new, generalized,
> > extendable libvo2 design, but nobody has time to port drivers and
> > osd/sub stuff to it. libvo2 is preared for such stuff like clip/zoom/
> > add black bands/move subtitles under the pic/interlaced video/deinterlace
> > etc. but it's still lots of work to get it all working and rm -rf libvo1
> >
> btw. how usable us libvo2, is it already possible to port (in my case better
> rewrite :) drivers to it?
> Some info, what needs to b e done would be nice.

i've already made null :) and mga drivers for it.
mga driver works well, but currently only YUY2. (draw_slice() has to be
implemented). there are some work on API and common functions yet, but
the biggest work is rewritting/porting drivers.

you could help me with aspect ratio stuff design.
i don't want the drivers to do it, but we need feedback from drivers
about display aspect ratio (combining with resolution switching...)
someone should design a process list of how destination resolution should
be set up.
my idea:
  1. get movie dimensions and multiply by movie aspect ratio (SVCD etc)
  2. ask the libvo2 driver for closest video mode -> here is the trick,
     the vo2 driver can multiply dimenstion with each resolution's
     aspect ratio (combining monitor aspect too) and then check if
     resolution is big enough.

and we should move to -dev-eng list now
(or we are already there? :))

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team