[Mplayer-users] unresolved symbol with gcc-3.0, the solution

joy_ping joy at pingfm.org
Wed Aug 22 02:04:03 CEST 2001

the problem was on my side or better on gcc eg. binutils side. after the
same error came up while compiling other sources, i looked for it. thats
what i found on a gcc-faq:

Some versions of the GNU linker have broken support for the '.hidden'
directive, which results in problems with shared libraries built
with recent versions of gcc.

after upgrading binutils rebuilding gcc etc./etc. mplayer compiles AND
seems to be work

thanks for any help

z.