[Mplayer-users] DIV5 and DIV6 Fourcc

monkeyiq monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 22 11:43:31 CEST 2001

Hi,
  Firstly, could ppl please CC me as I am not on the list at the
moment.

  I encode some video that I capture from a display card into
mainly DIV5 because alot of the vision is non changing I get
nice advantage from the VKI nature and placing keyframes
in the stream very rarely.

Some of the stuff I encode I include audio in and have noticed
that the sync gets mixed up when playing in mplayer.

Using rebler -d I get the codec info from avifile:

<snip>
Name: DivX ;-) low-motion DirectShow
Win32DLL: divx_c32.ax
module name: /usr/local/lib/avifile/libwin32.so.0
Fourcc: DIV3
Also handles fourcc : DIV3 div3 MP41 MP43
kind: DShow_Dec
Video codec
Can decode
  name  : BitRate
    about : BitRate
    kind  : Integer, min:0 max:-1
  name  : Crispness
    about : Crispness
    kind  : Integer, min:0 max:-1
  name  : KeyFrames
    about : KeyFrames
    kind  : Integer, min:0 max:-1
Name: DivX ;-) low-motion VKI
Win32DLL: divxcvki.dll
module name: /usr/local/lib/avifile/libwin32.so.0
Fourcc: DIV5
Also handles fourcc : DIV5 div5 DIV6 div6
kind: Win32
Video codec
Can encode
Can decode
  name  : BitRate
    about : BitRate
    kind  : Integer, min:0 max:-1
  name  : Crispness
    about : Crispness
    kind  : Integer, min:0 max:-1
  name  : KeyFrames
    about : KeyFrames
    kind  : Integer, min:0 max:-1
<snip>

But during playback mplayer always says
Detected video codec: [divxds] drv:4 (DivX ;-) (MS MPEG-4 v3))
Using DirectShow codec: divx_c32.ax
DShow: using YUY2 colorspace

>From the above this clearly maps to the non VKI codec.

Has anyone played with the VKI stuff and mplayer?

PS: rebler is indexed on fm.net

Thanks.