[Mplayer-users] RE: compiling error

Ollila Tomi tomi.ollila at sonera.com
Wed Aug 22 19:01:18 CEST 2001

configure with

./configure --disable-gcc-checking.

I do this all the time

For me, the compiled binary works well (At least I don't
know if anythinks breaks). But don't date to send any
bugreports ;/

You have either Mandrake or RedHat distribution?

Please upgrade your 2.96 to the highest distribution
version there is.

I have RedHat 7.1 and my gcc (and nasm) versions are:

gcc-2.96-85
gcc-c++-2.96-85
nasm-0.98-7

Are located in distribution `RedHat 7.1 updates' in www.rpmfind.net
Rawhide has version -96, but perhaps a little safer choise is this -85
???

Tomi

PS. I joined the list today, and just 2-3 hours after that the DNS IP
address of the machine my mails are directed was changed (without
telling
us). Unfortunately the machine is not just yet there -- hopefully mails
doesn't bounce from my address. The earlyest we get the machine in right
location is tomorrow morning UTC + 3. Sorry for any inconvenience that
might
happen due to that.