[Mplayer-users] a question about playing the audio from a dvd

Kukocs kukocs at programozo.hu
Wed Aug 22 13:29:56 CEST 2001

Hi!

I feel, dvd playing is not the future in linux, and really thank You
all! :) Very cool work! The truth is it's working well about 2-3 weeks
ago (for me)- with mplayer of course :)

But my question is about the dolby digital audio's:
I've got a sound card with optical output (im not using, yet)- my
driver's README says spdif is supported.

So my question is: how  mplayer plays the dvd sounds????
I know my soundcard is _only stereo_ under linux :(.My only chance
for the dolby feeling is the optical output :)

Mplayer gives only a stereo signal to the sound card, or the full
signal(including ac-3, if exists) to /dev/dsp, from dvds, or ac-3
included movie files???

Thx:

	Kukocs