[Mplayer-users] Couldn't open required DirectShow codec

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Thu Aug 23 20:56:51 CEST 2001

>Sorry guys,
>
>My mistake, I should have mentioned that I RTFO and tried both.
>[...]
>ICOpen failed! unknown codec / wrong parameters?
>FATAL: Couldn't initialize video codec :(
>
>Help and/or pointers are still appreciated ;-)

Does it happen with all files or just with some (one?).
Do these files have an AVI-index? I had similar problems when
a file had no (or a wrong) index, and Mplayer did something
stupid when trying to generate one. I guess it messed with pointers
(believing some AVI entries) and killed it's own DLL-loading code.

gruel

--
"Mplayer is great!"  -- chl

Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se