[Mplayer-users] Should 'mplayer' be able to play this file?

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Fri Aug 24 11:54:35 CEST 2001

Hi,

please read your own mail again:

>I have downloaded a Divx movie that does not get
>played correctly with any player I tried
>(including Windoze "Mediaplayer")
>
>[...]
>
>The question is: is this movie simply broken and should I simply
>delete it or is this considered a bug in mplayer and should
>I upload a sample of it to the ftp server with a detailed bug report?

Since it does not work with Windoze, it's surely a broken file and it's
surely not mplayer's fault. It might be only a "missing feature"...

Have you tried the usual options: -bps / -nobps / -ni etc.?

>Has it something do to with this line?
>> MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (272) HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED

No, this just tells you, that the file has an index and is interleaved,
which is a good this for a file in AVI (=Audio-Video-Interleaved) format.

Only strange thing in output is, that video is sent to a remote display

> ("michael:0.0" => remote display)

This might slow things down, but speed does not seem your problem. Nevertheless
use change DISPLAY variable to   :0.0   and try again....

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se