[Mplayer-users] bechmark on sun ultra 10

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Fri Aug 24 18:54:33 CEST 2001

>> Probably the easiest option to get VIS acceleration on UltraSPARCs is
>> to add support for DCT and color space conversion using Sun's mediaLib
>> (http://www.sun.com/sparc/vis/mediaLib.html) into MPlayer.
>
>OK, you can now build MPlayer CVS with mediaLib.
>
>mediaLib is used in libmpeg2 and libvo.

Now you just have to get it into ffmpeg and libmp3 :-)

This is where the fun starts. Have you tried profiling, to find out where
optmization is needed most?
At least iDCT should be "easy" to replace by mlib's version. Motion
Compensation, too. Too bad I have my UltraSparc only for 7 more days...

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se