[Mplayer-users] what is a recommended video card for playing DVD movies with mplayer?

venugopal G.V.R. venu at gdit.iiit.net
Mon Aug 27 06:37:17 CEST 2001

Hi,
  I have a machine with a PII 350 Mhz. processor. I want to get good DVD
playback on this machine 64megs RAM. I wish to buy a good video card (say
like the Radeon) which supports DVD hardware decoding. How wil these work
with mplayer, and how is the playback quality on such a configuratioon of
DVD movies? How are the other options like the GeForce2MX, etc.? Upgrading
the processor is not an option, but I can get more RAM. I would be very
grateful for any advice on the matter.

				yours,
				venu