[Mplayer-users] Gibraltar

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 28 18:04:48 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >Christoph Lampert <lampert at math.chalmers.se> wrote:
> >
> >> Great! We need a Java port of Mplayer, because then we will see a
> >> port to Perl as well.
> >
> >Count me in on the Python version:-)
>
> Okay, two more, and I start coding the Java thing! Really!!!
> With ffmpeg you don't need AVIfile anymore, so it's clean C->Java.
> That should work! Might be a little slow, but who cares...
>
> How about FORTRAN? Anyone? LISP macro for Emacs? Or Visual Basic, yes, how about
> VB?
And VB scripts for Outlook? So people could send mplayer to windows users :)
maybe combined with some mail viruses :)
Or even better: LISP plugin for AutoCAD... with realtime vectorization :)

Ok, stop kidding.
Btw java version is possible. Java is fast enough with JIT engines, only
slow when interpreted runtime. Maybe we should make some native libs
for java multimedia extensions, like mlib (for IDCT, yuv->rgb etc) :)
Java can handle rgb surfaces and even opengl too.

But it has no sense... C version is almost portable.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu