[Mplayer-users] Gibraltar

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 28 18:47:22 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Btw. have they finally come up with an option to switch off runtime-checking
> (array boundaries etc.) in Java? People demanded that for a long time
> (High-Performance-Java), but I never heard of it actually been accepted.
It's done - in M$ java engine :)
So running a buggy java applet in MSIE or windoze netscape can crash the
whole house (with all windows broken).

> And: No native libs! That's cheating. Even I can write a Java program
> that calls a native lib called "mplayer" with the correct arguments...
Of course. I meant a lib only to do mmx/sse accelerated idct/yuv stuff.
But they must have java implementation too! (it's just an option to
boost speed)

Why are no MMX-like instructions in java-asm instruction set?
They should introduce SIMD extensions for java...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu