[MPlayer-users] language selection?

pl p_l at tfz.net
Sat Dec 1 11:54:41 CET 2001

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 02:19:49AM -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> 	Believe it or not (but I think it is a requirement to be be on this
> 	list ;)) I have read the manpages and can not solve my problem.
>
> 	The problem is I have a DVD with multiple language audio streams
> 	and MPlayer selects the French stream.   How can MPlayer be
> 	told to select an alternate audio stream  (English would be nice ;))?
>
> 	I see various options for specifying other attributes of an audio
> 	stream but nothing about selecting a particular language/stream.
>
> 	Have I overlooked a manpage entry or otherwise not done my research?

You have.

RTFM.

(As an illustration let's quote DOC/cd-dvd.html:

Q: I've got no sound / bad sound (Spanish audio and other ugly things).

A: MPlayer currently does not use all of information of IFO blocks from
DVD. You can adjust the right DVD audio stream with: '-aid 128'
command line option, where 128 is the stream id of requested audio
stream. You can experience with numbers of 128,129,... and so on.  Of
course this problem will be solved in the future.

)

--
Best regards,
  pl