[MPlayer-users] GUI glitch

Daniel A. Nagy nagydani at mast.queensu.ca
Mon Dec 3 05:09:20 CET 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:11:28AM +0200, Arpi wrote:

> I'm also interested in a bug list, mainly for fatal bugs.
> I mean codec bugs, crashes, demuxer bugs.
> Some of them were listed in TODO, and some of them is are already fixed.

I have a minor problem with the GUI, but I guess it's not an mplayer bug (I
checked the source and it seems allright) but a problem with my GTK. How do
I find out? Do you guys need more info?

I've got libgtk 1.2-0.9.1 and Nov. 24th cvs mplayer source. The problem is
that the pop-up menu is "tilted"; each line seems to be one pixel shorter
than the window, so it gets displayed shifted one pixel to the left relative
to the previous line. The skin is the default one, and the pixmap is not
corrupted. I can hack together a quick and dirty solution by rearranging the
pixmap of the menu, but it's definitly not the way to do it. The relevant
part of mplayer source (Gui/menu.h -- BTW why don't you call it menu.c?)
looks OK to me, but there *might* be some problem. Since the behavior is
obviously wrong, someone should have noticed it (the developers themselves,
in the first place). What GTK versions have passed testing?

Since I don't consider myself a developer (though I am certainly interested in
the postings on the developer list, don't remove me, please!), I decided to
post it to the user list. Or does this kind of post belong to the advanced
user list?

Cula,

--
Dan