[MPlayer-users] A little question about crashing

Barrie Grieve bgrieve at clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 01:14:03 CET 2001

Hi again,

Me again, yes MPlayer is still craching my machine, I've just upgraded
to the
current version, but no luck. please look bellow for a list off results

Drop out of x and using -vo svga works ok with no problems (ok - a
"little" jerky) although
I have to run as root.

Running x with -vo xv -framedrop -dvd 1, memory runs out and machin
locks up, I was able
to find the following as the only evidence of a crash at the end of
/var/log/warn in crash.txt

While playing a VideoCD I noticed no memory leaks ?????

mplayer -fs -vo xv -ao alsa5 -vcd 1

NO MEMORY LEAKS !!!! (sorry)

I am totaly confused, could it be a problem with the decoding of the
dvd?, as I've said before I
know fuck all about programming. And yes I've read the manual but there
is no mention of the
problem that I am having.

Yours,

Barrie Grieve

Hardware

Athlon 1.4Ghz 266
1024Mb PC133
Matrox G400 16Mb
Hoontech Sound Track Digital XG (spdif works but no ac3 :-(
NEC 12X DVD-ROM

Software

SuSE 7.3 Pro
XFREE 4.1.0-45
MPlayer-20011203
libdvdcss-0.3-ogle3
libdvdread-0.9.2
all other packages are as required by MPlayer eg no compile errors