[MPlayer-users] MS Video Screen Codec

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 7 02:48:52 CET 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Christoph Heine wrote:

> videocodec mss1
>   info "Windows Screen Video"
>   status unknown
>   fourcc MSS1
>   driver dshow
>   dll "msscds32.ax"
>   guid 0x3301a7c4, 0x0a8d, 0x11d4, 0x91, 0x4d, 0x00, 0xc0, 0x4f, 0x61, 0x0d, 0x24
> ;  out I420
>   out YUY2
>   out BGR32,BGR24,BGR16,BGR15

	I've never encountered this codec before. A web search reveals
almost no data about it. The fourcc isn't even listed on webartz. My first
impulse is that maybe it doesn't output YUY2 data. Try commenting out the
"out YUY2" line and see what happens. If the problem persists (and it
probably will), consider uploading some sample media to the mplayerhq.hu
FTP server.

	Thanks...
	-Mike Melanson