[MPlayer-users] Re: divx4 problem, and skins problem...

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Fri Dec 7 09:59:59 CET 2001

For those of you that can be interested, yesterday I tried with success
to rip a DVD file from linux using wine and a very simple program for
Windows. It has done everything very quickly and the I have used mplayer
to see the vob's. Just perfect. The program is DVDDecrypter.exe and it
does its function and ripes the vob files. (without encoding.)
Another interesting point for users of RH7.2 and Ximian. The las
versions of the Ximian libraries makes mplayer unusable. (So my HELP
call of yesterday. It is not a problem of the last CVS version. Sorry)
If you are using this combination, you can continue to use MPlayer just
changing to another Window Manager outside of Gnome. It works nice with
Icewm.
Finally a question, sometimes I make presentations. Always using TeX and
Acroread in Linux. Acrobat has a plugin in Windows that permits to
visualize avi or mpeg or mov files inside it. Unfortunately, Acrobat has
not the needed plug-ins in Linux, so the only way of using it is to
visualize the PDF created in Windows. I don't like this solution so I
was thinking in the possibility of creating a plug-in for Acrobat in
Linux with Mplayer. Anyone has trued a similar thing?
On another side, I have not been able to visualize a *.mov film with
Mplayer. It seems to recognize everything o.k., and launch the screen
window, but inside everything is black. I have no time now to RTMF  :-(
Any help?

Regards

--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040