[MPlayer-users] MS Video Screen Codec

Christoph Heine ch at h111.hadiko.de
Fri Dec 7 15:53:53 CET 2001

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:29:26AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> upload this codecs.conf patch, the codec dll and small sample .avi/.wmv
> to ftp.

Done. It is named ms_screen_codec_mss1.tar.gz . The sample movie was
uploaded before as 'screen_codec.wmv'.

> btw what's this codec? i've never heard about it before.

The codec is 'optimizied' for recording screen-captures. Presentations
recorded with this codec have a good quality, so my University selected
this codec for recording lectures. (and tells everyone to use the WMP.)

Christoph