[MPlayer-users] Re: sound but no video ;-(

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Sat Dec 8 01:16:11 CET 2001

"fjoere at gmx.net" <fjoere at gmx.net> schrieb:

> i have installed mplayer on linux and it seemed that it works. but i
> can't see my videos ;-(. i start mplayer at the commandline and i can
> hear the sound. but i can't see anything. i tried to use the option
> -vo x11, but i only can use fbdev, png, null, odivx, pgm, md5, mpegpes
> as video output drivers ;-(. why???

We don't know, as you didn't provide _any_ usefull information besides
"It does not work."

So, go and read the bugreports.html and provide the necessary
information.

Or, other solution: Visit your nearest magic shop and buy a magic
crystal ball for each one on this list, so we can see your problem even
without you providing _any_ information at all.

(And everybody could get rich very fast, predicting the lottery numbers
from the next weekend or so. I personally would prefer you buying the
magic crystal balls, but it *may* be easier for you to just provide the
necessary information)

S°

--
BOFH excuse #276: