[MPlayer-users] green screen

Sebastian Dienerowitz Sebastian.Dienerowitz at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Sat Dec 8 14:59:42 CET 2001

Hello everybody,

I've one big problems with MPlayer.
By starting MPlayer without any parametres or with -vo xv or -vo sdl I just
get a nice looking green and cyan screen and sound output. When I try it with
-vo x11 I'll get a good quality image and sound but my PentiumIII-650 is a
little bit too slow, so A-V reaches several seconds after 1 or 2 minutes of
film.
I tried to compile version 0.50 and the actual cvs-version: same problem.
And now the nice thing: Once I got it compiled and it worked properly without
any problems. Next days I compiled it with GUI and the problems were back and
they stayed also without GUI.

Some info about my system (Laptop):
Intel-Pentium-III with 650 or 800 MHz (SpeedStep)
S3 Savage/MX-/IX (inbuild) (x-driver)
ESS Technology ES1988 Allegro-1 Sound
256 MB RAM
DVD-ROM

running distribution: SuSE 7.2
Kernel: 2.4.16
libc-version 6 (/lib/lic.so.6)
gcc 2.95.3
GNU ld version 2.11.92.0.7
X-version 4.0.3
GNU assembler 2.11.92.0.7
also installed:
packages for dvd-support and divx4linux

I didn't took any option by running configure.

So if somebody can tell me a special option I could try or has some other
tipps, it would be nice to get these hints.

Cheers,

Basti