[MPlayer-users] livavcodec vs. win32 dll's

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Dec 8 21:24:43 CET 2001

Hi

On Saturday 08 December 2001 20:21, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> > the idct is buggy too and can result in horizontal stripes or slightly
> > pink/green areas
>
> btw what's the status of this bug?
>
> I don't remember seeing your IDCT patch applied to ffmpeg CVS, nor the
> promised fix by Walken...  Is your version really much slower than
> Walken's? If not, I gonna apply this patch, don't care what Walken will
> say/think...
it depends on the video (mine skips zero rows in the coefficient matrix) so
mine is faster for lowwer bitrate videos, walkens doesnt use this trick so
its independant of the bitrate

with HorizontalStripes.avi i couldnt measure any speed difference with -vo
null -nosound -benchmark (scores for both idcts 6.11 - 6.17)

with rdtsc (cute counter which counts the cpu cycles) ... only counting the
time spent in the idct
3 runs (all on HorizontalStripes.avi)
mine	walken
193503	198537
191732	229359
184121	204538

so it seems that mine is faster here :)))))

Michael