[MPlayer-users] Questions about x11 and playlist

linzi at cyber-poll.hu linzi at cyber-poll.hu
Sun Dec 9 22:46:53 CET 2001

Hello!

I would like to use mplayer for a presentation,
playing some divx (v3) coded avi-s on a PIII 800 Mhz computer
with integrated i810 display adapter.
I'm using (well... I would like to :) -vo x11 with -playlist,
but after the first avi mplayer stops with error message:
"FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver!"

Is anybody who could play more then one file with -vo x11
from a playlist, or from command line?
I found some answer and a "not-supported-by-developers-patch" :)
on the list, but if it is possible to play more, I will keep trying.
Using -vo sdl:x11 more files could be played, but this does
not give a clear picture - there are visible green lines on the screen.
But I will try SDL version 1.0.8 instead 1.2.3 to avoid this. And some
divx4 avi-s. I using -vc odivx now.

I would like to ask the developers for a playlist feature: looping.
I mean, to play until keypressed :) and not to finish at the end of
the list. And to play the files on the list without switching back
to X - showing the desktop, and start the other file... I'm lanching
mplayer from xterm, could this be the problem?

If anybody has suggestions I will aprechiate it!
( I need this stuff up and running tomorrow, or I will
have to use win2k :-/ )

Regards,
Balazs