[MPlayer-users] pre gcc 3.1

Sipos Ferenc sferi at dumballah.tvnet.hu
Mon Dec 10 11:39:25 CET 2001

Hi!

I know, that the code is untested with the latest pre gcc, but I give a
report about it, it's a redhat 7.2 with latest glibc, gcc 3.1-0.10
package, it complains about allocator.cpp

The new compiler is extremely fast, it compiles smaller programs, I
recommend changing to it, and use compat-egcs packages as a backend,
with that, mplayer compiles fine. If you switch your libstdc packages to
the new one, it gives a great speed boost to the system, but beware of
installing the old compat libstdc packages.

Paco