[MPlayer-users] Cant get DIVX filez to work with Mplayer

Thor Eivind Cappelen Brantzeg thor.eivind.brantzeg at enit.no
Mon Dec 10 12:12:14 CET 2001

Hi. I just compiled Mplayer on my pc. It works extremely well!! :) Kudos to u guys!
Its a 1 ghz p3 with a Nvidia GFX card with the newest Nvidia drivers. Mttr is supported by the kernel Suse 7.3 is using so everything is speedy. (GCC 2.9.5.3 i think !:))

But why does top report 35-55% cpu usage on decoding a VOB file? I thought it would be less?
And i cant get Divx .avis to work. Mpeg1 and 2 work fine as i said but every divx file ive tested v.3 and v.4 doesnt work. Mplayer says i need to install the win32 codecs!! i dont wanna!! i want to use the ffmpeg's DivX/libavcodec one. I downloaded the newest version from the cvs (put the subdir in the main/libavcodec ) and recompiled andthe config scripts says FFmpeg codec ... not found.
And ive also tried the Project mayo files but the .zip file from the site http://download2.projectmayo.com/dnload/divx4linux/divx4linux-20010718.zip doesnt contain a ./configure file. Should i put these files in a spesific dir in the /main/ dir of mplayer instead?

AND ive been reading the manual and docs ! :)

I hope this can be solved. Best regards teb