[MPlayer-users] mga driver for G200MMS

Nicolas DEVERGE ndeverge at zen.fr
Mon Dec 10 15:31:14 CET 2001

re-Hi,
I made a lot of tests, and I saw that for my configuration, the mga driver
provides the best results (I know it's not a surprise...).

But the problem is that the driver works only for one of my several g200
chips (the first one in fact), so I would like to know if it is possible to
make 4 mga_vid devices (for instance, /dev/mga_vid1, /dev/mga_vid2,
/dev/mga_vid3 and /dev/mga_vid4), and then to load 4 times the mga_vid.o
driver (with a parameter which indicates which g200 chip to use).
Then when I will start mplayer, I will need to specify which device to use
(for instance, -vo mga:1 or -vo mga:2 etc...) and it will display the video
on the right screen.

I tried to understand and modify the mga_vid.c driver, but as I am not
confident with programming video drivers, I am a bit dismissed. So, if
someone can tell me where I can find documentation about the g200 chip, maybe
I will be able to bring some modifications for the driver.
Thanks for answer,
Nicolas