[MPlayer-users] bugreport: mencoder segfaults

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Mon Dec 10 20:55:16 CET 2001

I am using for the first time mencoder. It seems to go o.k. (not
finished yet the first pass (I asked for 2). Already created 150Mb in 29
min.
Just one point: wouldn't it be an interesting saving in time if it were
possible to suppress all output during encoding?

Another point: I am more and more interested in your "child" and ask
myself if I could help in some way. I am not a young man nor a hacker
but if you recommend me some books, I can try to "take the train" of
electronic movies. I have already worked seriously with images, bitmaps,
etc. (and almost finished to develop a kind of bilinear cubic way of
scaling, everything done by myself.)
At a humble lower level, I can also help in translating to Spanish some
documentation. (perhaps, finally, I will be obliged to read your loved
F&M papers....)

regards