[MPlayer-users] help me!! mplayer using network

Manuel Mollar mm at nisu.org
Mon Dec 10 22:10:33 CET 2001

lanzz at lanzz.org escribió:

> On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Manuel Mollar wrote:
>
> > I understand (sure Im wrong) that a xxx-users mail list is intended to
> > interchange questions NOT only between linux hackers.
> > If "common" users cannot use programs like mplayer because they need to read
> > lots of docs, Microsoft will be happy for ever.
>
> i don't think reading the help counts as 'hacking'. i take it you have never
> read a windoze help before, or are you a 'windows hacker'? :)

Im professor of computer science on a small university, but mplayer is to enjoy,
not to work.
For me, of course, not for developers:-)
Any player for windows does not requires user to read even one line of help.
Of course mplayer is under development, so its not the same situation.
But xine, a linux player I feel worse than mplayer, does not need any setup, even
on version 0.5, and any command line options.
My message is not that people should not read manuals, my message is that angry
answers are not necessary.
Anyone can decide to answer or not a message.
I will not answer any other message about this theme in this list, I think its
not the appropriate place.
Be happy.