[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: directshow C version

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Dec 11 00:06:50 CET 2001

> I understand the change so we won't need C++ to compile, but is the old cpp code going to be left
it will be remoevd later

> and an option to use it instead be added to the configure?  My real question I guess, which is/will
> be faster?
it doesn't affect speed. it's just an interface to call the codec functions.
as it does nothing more than erquesting some function pointers...

C version is cleaner, and avifile authors will maintain C version.
C++ will be dropped.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu