[MPlayer-users] help me!! mplayer using network

lanzz at lanzz.org lanzz at lanzz.org
Tue Dec 11 10:30:34 CET 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> maybe, in the future, we'll make an userfriendly version/interface/frontend
> for such people, with gui and all this messy userfriendly stuff.

on that point, i've always wondered why you decided to build the gui into
mplayer itself, when you could have implemented just some kind of interactive
command mode (say, with an unix socket) and let everybody write his own gui :)
less trouble for mplayer developers, more choice for the end user. but what's
done is done.