[MPlayer-users] pre gcc 3.1

Dirk Pritsch dirk at enterprise.in-berlin.de
Tue Dec 11 12:10:52 CET 2001

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:05:53PM +0100, pl wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:39:25AM +0100, Sipos Ferenc wrote:
>
> > I know, that the code is untested with the latest pre gcc, but I give a
> > report about it, it's a redhat 7.2 with latest glibc, gcc 3.1-0.10
> > package, it complains about allocator.cpp
>
> Please send the compiler output ?
>
> <flamebait> So we get an idea of what will have to be added to the
> procmail filter</flamebait> :DDD

Quoting a part of a mail on debian-devel, I would say this topic will
become a neverending story ;)

----begin quote----

I think the point which has to be decided is whether we only need the 2.9x
and the 3.x-versions (btw: the gcc-people already gave warnings that 3.1 will
binary incompatible to 3.0, but 3.0 is not considered stable by them. ) If
we decide that we only need two C++compilers, we might get along with a hack,
eg using negative so-numbers for 3.x or putting a g++v3 somewhere in the libname.

----end quote----

SCNR.

Cheers,

Dirk