[MPlayer-users] Re: help needed

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Wed Dec 12 15:59:28 CET 2001

Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> Hi,

>>> I get the same error.  Maybe it's locked like "Microsoft High-Speed
>>> MPEG-4 V1-V3"

>> Besides: 800Hz and 8bit with 1KB/s looks a little bit odd to me.
>> Another strange thing: If you use Properties (Eigenschaften) in the
>> codec file, it presents itself as "decompressor". Maybe this codec is
>> not capable of compressing the audio-stream.

> I think it operates on 16bit mono samples, and even higher bitrates
> like 22050 should be allowed.

Sorry, at least with VirtualDub this is not possible. I even generated
an AVI with 8000Hz,8bit,mono PCM-Audio and tried to compress this using
the vivo-codec, but it did not work.

After that, I generated an AVI with 22050,16bit,mono PCM-Audio, with the
same (unsatisfactory) results.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #373:

Suspicious pointer corrupted virtual machine