[MPlayer-users] DVD problems with mplayer

Peter Lemken plemken at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 04:00:01 CET 2001

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 03:00, Daniel A. Nagy wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:22:17AM +0100, Peter Lemken wrote:
>
> Here lies the problem (and in the fact that you didn't supply a proper
> report: libdvdread version, libdvdcss version, mplayer version at least.
> ARRRGH!). Mplayer's dvd access requires libdvdread 0.9.x and libdvdcss
> 0.0.3. Any other combination is fatal.

I thought it was clear that I was using the latest MPlayer version from
CVS. Yes, the combo of libdvdread and libdvdcss is the one you stated. I
found out the hard way that libdvdcss 1.0something does not work. I also
thought that those two libraries are implicitly OK in their version
since they do work just fine with ogle.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I can't give you a more precise bug
report, since I wouldn't know where to start looking for error messages
(there are none). Yes, I read the documentation. And I read the
documentation again. I was just hoping that someone came up with " Hey,
I had that, too, and the solution is:..."

Peter Lemken
Berlin

--
"Does your computer ever crash?"
	"Oh definitely, believe me. We want to make a tool that we can use