[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD problems with mplayer

Peter Lemken plemken at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 12:20:58 CET 2001

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 08:29, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Peter Lemken <plemken at gmx.de> wrote:
> [...] I was just hoping that someone came up with "
> > Hey, I had that, too, and the solution is:..."
>
> Hey, I had that, too, and the solution was to recompile libdvdread and
> libdvdcss from the sources on the ogle web page and not to rely on the
> versions provided by debian.

Aaaaaaargh!

I wasn't even aware of Debian doing anything about libdvdread, since I
*thought* I had everything related to DVD compiled on my own, including
all the players I played around with. It seems that I had libdvdread2
installed as part of KDE and its kvdr. It installed
libdvdread2_0.9.1-5_i386.deb which made all my efforts at compiling it
myself obsolete. A ruthless make uninstall/clean, dpkg --purge
libdvdread2 in combination with a totally unnecessary rm -f
/usr/lib/libdvd* /usr/lib/libcss*, followd by a new, clean configure and
install of libdvd and libcss DID THE JOB!

Thank you guys!

I'd like to offer a free DVD-watching session plus beer, coke and potato
crisps for anyone involved in this ;-) (Hey, take me up on that offer
and be glad; I live 24 meters away from Germany best video and DVD
rental store (I am not exaggerating!) ;-))

Peter Lemken
Berlin

--
"Does your computer ever crash?"
	"Oh definitely, believe me. We want to make a tool that we can use